Latest News From Official Lake Wynonah Facebook Page
LWPOA Board Approves Committee Appointments
Ski Slope Committee
David C. Mengel
Donald R. Ohl, Jr.
Thank you for your commitment to serve our Community. ... See MoreSee Less
LWPOA Board Committee/GroupLiaisons
ARC - Ryan Achenbach
Communications - Rebekah Tolar
Dam - Richard Hardy
Deed Restrictions Review - Ryan Achenbach
Finance - Mike Flynn
Fish & Boat Group - Scott Chivinski
Lakes - Scott Chivinski
Lodge - Frank Miller
Marketing - Joe Haggerty
Safety & Security - Troy Lipp
Ski Slope - Mike Flynn
Thank you Directors and Community Volunteers for your service to our Committees and Groups. ... See MoreSee Less
A Message from the Lake Wynonah Lodge Committee.
Enjoy Penn State football this Saturday at the Lodge Restaurant and Pub!! It’s the Nittany Lions’ annual White Out game, so for the occasion we are running two specials on Saturday only.
- The Nittany Burger - two juicy quarter pound burgers with our Lodge macaroni and sharp beer cheese in the middle and topped with melted cheese - $10.00
- Lion Loaded Fries - golden brown French fries loaded with our Lodge sharp beer cheese sauce, real bacon bits and jalapenos - $7.00
The white out game is typically set aside for the Lions’ toughest home opponent of the season, and this year they are facing off against Auburn. Kickoff is at 7:30 PM, come on up and wear your white! Hope to see you there!
We are still actively looking for volunteer servers. The Lodge counts on volunteers to keep costs down for the POA. If we do not have staff, we will be forced to close some days. If you can volunteer even one Friday or Saturday night a month, please direct message us via Facebook or email us at email@example.com. Thank you! ... See MoreSee Less
Radio Active Munsters at The Lodge Grove. ... See MoreSee Less
On August 22, 2021, Rebekah Tolar notified the LWPOA Board of Directors of her need to step away as the POA Treasurer. Her decision came due to work obligations and family and volunteer commitments.
A Motion was made to nominate Mike Flynn for Treasurer. The Motion passed on a vote by a majority of the Directors.
We welcome Mike to this new position and thank Rebekah for her honesty and continued Board participation as a Director. ... See MoreSee Less
The Radioactive Munsters LIVE! at Lake Wynonah Lodge Grove Sat. Sept. 11th 7pm-10pm. ... See MoreSee Less
A message from the Lodge Committee
Eagles football returns to the Lodge this Sunday! Bar opens at 12:30, bring a dish to share... Jamie is on bar. There are 5 games scheduled to be watched at the bar including Eagles vs Falcons! Yuengling Oktoberfest will be available in limited quantities! ***FLY EAGLES FLY***
Please remember your membership card for entrance to the amenity.... a picture on your phone will do!
The Lodge Restaurant and Pub is a private club located in the gated community of Lake Wynonah. Only members and guests can enter. ... See MoreSee Less
The Marina will be OPEN today, Saturday, September 4th, from 10 AM to 12 Noon and then from 3 PM to 6 PM.
The Marina will be OPEN Sunday & Monday from 10 AM to 6 PM. ... See MoreSee Less
**“No Wake” Policy on Lake Wynonah To Be Lifted**
Lake waters are returning to normal levels. Therefore the “No Wake” status on Lake Wynonah will be lifted effective tomorrow, September 4th at 6AM. Thank you for your cooperation as we have worked through this challenge. ... See MoreSee Less
Water aerobics are cancelled for today. ... See MoreSee Less
**Temporary “No Wake” Policy on Lake Wynonah**
Due to the rapidly rising water level on the lakes from Hurricane IDA, a “No Wake” status on the entire lake will exist until further notice in order to prevent damage to bulkheads and docks and also to prevent damage due to the presence of any floating debris. This policy will be lifted when the lake returns to its normal level. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. ... See MoreSee Less
The Lodge will be closed this weekend so our volunteers and staff can celebrate the Labor Day weekend with their families, but we have some great events coming up!!
Sunday September 12th - Eagles Football is back! Eagles vs Falcons. Bar opens at 12:30 PM, last call is the final whistle. Pot luck, bring a dish to share. Kitchen is closed, no outside alcohol.
Thursday September 30th - Thirsty Thursday Trivia! Bar opens at 6:30 PM, game starts at 7. Taco/nacho bar with all the fixings will be available for purchase, no outside food or alcohol.
Thursday October 17th - EAGLES AND TRIVIA!!! Bar opens at 5:30 PM, game starts at 6. Eagles game starts at 8:20 PM. Taco/nacho bar with all the fixings will be available for purchase, no outside food or alcohol.
Saturday October 30th - Halloween Karaoke with John Schmidt. Karaoke starts at 7:30 PM. Kitchen opened 5-9 PM, bar until 11 with last call at 10:30. No outside food or alcohol.
Hope to see you there!! ... See MoreSee Less
Thank you to our Members, Residents, and Guests for your patience and cooperation as we continue to work through staffing and other issues with our security partner, Allied Universal Security.
With the end of the summer season weekend fast approaching, we offer a few recommendations:
1. LWPOA Members are responsible for their guests and their actions.
2. Notify all Guests that a photo identification is required to enter our Community.
3. Use Gatekey (gatekey.us/login) to notify the Security Team of any Guests, keeping the phone lines open for urgent issues.
4. When calling in Guests, Members will be asked for your Call-In-Code (PIN #). If you have not setup a security PIN, consider doing so. The PIN is established by accessing Gatekey under the Contacts Tab.
5. If you do not have a Gatekey account, contact the Lake Wynonah Business Office (570-739-4055).
Let’s also work together to keep everyone safe on our Lakes. A few boating reminders:
1. Review and do not exceed watercraft capacity, both weight and number of people.
2. Travel counterclockwise.
3. Spotters and Flags are required for ALL towed water sports (skiing and tubing).
4. Carry a copy of your Boater Safety Course certificate on the watercraft.
5. Persons 11 years old or younger may not operate any powered watercraft.
6. Persons age 12-15 may not operate any PWC with passengers onboard.
7. Persons born after January 1, 1983, must have completed a Boating Safety Course to operate a boat with 25 hp or higher on all PA waterways.
8. Fawn Lake boating is for non-powered watercraft or trolling motors only.
9. Docking lights are not headlights and are not meant to be kept on while traveling the lake as it can distract or temporarily blind other boaters and potentially cause an accident. Boat docking lights are simply meant to be used for close-quarter maneuvering only.
Together, we can make our Community and Lakes safe for all. ... See MoreSee Less
As the Lake Wynonah Community prepares for Tropical Storm Ida, below are a few tips from the County EMA Coordinator:
With this rain and wind event unfolding, there is a significant chance of downed trees. Spruce, cedar and pine trees are vulnerable to these events.
There is also a significant chance for loss of power. Some tips to stay ahead of the storm:
Assemble an emergency supply of food, water and other necessities including medications.
Have flashlights available with new batteries.
Charge mobile devices and portable chargers.
Make sure your vehicle is fueled and avoid flood waters. As little as six inches of moving water can sweep you off your feet. Cars can be swept away by less than two feet of moving water.
Check your sump pumps.
Keep anything of value on your basement floor elevated.
Check gutters and downspouts that they are free of obstruction.
Move anything indoors that is likely to blow away.
We continue to monitor our Lakes and the National Weather Service for updates. ... See MoreSee Less