Lake Wynonah is truly a magnificent place to live and play. It is the gem of Schuylkill County with modest dues providing Members with amenities of which other communities cannot compare!
- Gated community with 24/7 security.
- Two lakes offering the best boating and fishing in this part of PA. Tranquil Fawn Lake provides for non-powered boating, fishing, and swimming. Lake Wynonah offers power boating and all water activities including waterskiing, tubing, wave runners, paddle boarding, fishing in stocked waters, and more.
- Large swimming pool and wading pool for the young ones, with poolside snack bar serving affordable food and drinks.
- Tennis, pickle ball, and basketballs courts, along with horseshoe pits, playground equipment, and more.
- Community-wide picnic areas with some available for private party rental needs.
- Centrally located Lodge is open weekends for dinner, drinks, special events, and is available for rentals.
- Fuel pumping station located at the Marina that is open on weekends from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Available boat and canoe/kayak dock rentals.
- Many community groups in which to participate.
- Friendly and knowledgeable office staff to answer questions.
- Dedicated full-time maintenance staff to keep community safe and operating smoothly.
- Much, much more!
ADDITIONAL AMENITY INFORMATION
There are two private, deep-water lakes within the Lake Wynonah community. These are stocked yearly and support a healthy population of bass, trout, pike, walleye, and other species.
- LAKE WYNONAH: Referred to as the Big Lake, it is two and one-half miles long, up to 90 feet deep, and covers approximately 175 acres. Both motor powered and non-powered watercraft are permitted. Water skiing and other water sports are allowed, with swimming approved with no lifeguards on duty. There are boat launches at each end of the lake. Picnic facilities and playground equipment are located at most dock areas.
- FAWN LAKE: Known as the Little Lake, it is 3/4 of a mile long, up to 45 feet deep and covers approximately 27 acres. Only non-motor powered or electric motor powered watercraft are permitted. Again, swimming is approved with no lifeguards on duty. There is a boat launch located at the west end, with a pavilion, picnic tables, horseshoes and playground equipment. Other areas for public access include Tomahawk Park and Sarsi Cove.
The Lodge is the social hub of our community and is a popular gathering place for Members and their guests. It offers a lounge and restaurant with a natural stone fireplace. Enjoy Friday and Saturday dinners prepared by our award-winning chef. The bar area has big screen televisions and a jukebox. The upper level has pool tables. Many activities are held in the Lodge including private parties, community group meetings, children’s events, bake sales, and more.
Enjoy a large outdoor swimming pool with an enclosed slide and a zero entry wading pool. This life guarded amenity is a welcome site on hot summer days. The Pool is serviced by the Snack Shack for special treats.
Fishing is permitted from all public access areas along the lakes and from boats. All fishing rules, regulations, and licensing requirements of the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania apply, even if fishing from private property.
This picnic and recreation area located near the Lodge includes a pavilion with picnic tables and grills, basketball court, horseshoe pits, and playground equipment. A nearby area offers lit tennis and pickle ball courts and volleyball.
LWPOA BUSINESS OFFICE
Community Manager with a full-time staff service community records for accounting, permits, and Membership. The LWPOA Business Office may be contacted by telephoning (570) 739-4055. The mailing address of the LWPOA Business Office is 406 Navajo Drive, Auburn, PA 17922.
A full-time Security Department provides services 24 hours a day and seven days a week. Gate traffic is monitored, with surveillance rounds being continually made throughout the community. The Security Office can be reached by telephone at (570) 739-4158.
In addition to ordinances mandated by the two respective townships comprising the community, Lake Wynonah is governed by its Deed Restrictions, By-Laws, Rules & Covenants and the Uniform Planned Community Act, all upheld by an elected nine member Board of Directors who uphold fiduciary responsibility of the community.
Whether considering the purchase of a home or an unimproved property to build a dream home in Lake Wynonah, rest assured you are making an exciting decision, as Lake Wynonah is a wonderful community to raise children, to enjoy year-round activities, or to retire as empty nesters and entertain family.
Official Facebook Group
The Lake Wynonah Communications Committee established the official Lake Wynonah Property Owners Association Facebook Group in 2020 with the approval of the Board of Directors. Members can join the Group by answering a few simple questions. The Facebook posts feed to the Latest News section on our website so Members that are not on Facebook, as well as Residents, guests, and potential buyers can follow along. To keep with the community theme, the posts are generated by Princess Wynonah. We believe this communication method will continue to evolve and play a significant role in our overall communication strategy.
Open Board Meetings are scheduled quarterly. The sessions provide for the updating of Members as to Board progress and offer the opportunity for Members to express ideas directly to the Board of Directors.
EMAIL NEWS BLASTS
Emails contain the weekly events, activities, Lodge specials, and reminders and communications from the Business Office.